Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baby Talk

There I was, one of only two males in a room full of women who were talking about babies.

It seems the introduction of a baby into a comfortable gathering spurs a need to recount the trials and tribulations associated with being a member of the female persuasion.

Labor pains, water breaking, length of labor, breast feeding, bodily functions, there were no filters on the conversation. 

I must admit I don't quite understand.  Even in familiar settings, folks gathered together are not inclined to recount the blow by blow details of their latest battle with influenza or diarrhea.  So why the necessity of comparing... well, I'll leave the details to your imagination.

The next time I'm invited to attend a function involving a baby, I'm going to demand a head count of male vs female before accepting.

No comments: