Thursday, February 2, 2012

What Will Be Will Be

Staring out the living room window at the rain this morning, I was more than a little surprised to hear the radio announcer say the groundhog had seen its shadow.

As I mulled over the implications of the news flash, I found myself of two minds.  On the one hand, since we've really had no significant amount of white stuff, a further delay of pre-summer proper is really not a huge deal.  Then again I'd really like to mark CLOSED to the chance of a snow event.

Then I learned that over the years the groundhog has had an accuracy rating of 39%.  Just about the same as a weatherman. Which tells folks put the same amount of stock in a varmint as a meteorologist.

Which means all bets are off and the weather will be what the weather will be.

No comments: