Monday, February 13, 2012

Should Have Turned South

I had been relieved when the extended weekend getaway changed from snow tubing in the Poconos to visiting an indoor water park in the Poconos.   Though if I had been thinking, I would have asked the question... Wouldn't it be better to travel SOUTH to find an indoor water park?

While the getaway was certainly enjoyable, waking up Sunday morning to a temperature of 16 degrees had me wondering why I had ever left home.

I watched people venture out of doors wearing coats that made me think of the Michelin Tire Man and sporting hats made from the hides of furry animals. All in the name of heading off to have fun.

While I confess to having spent weekends earlier in my life dressed similarly to the folks I saw this weekend, I found comfort in realizing that wisdom had put such excursions behind me.

No comments: