Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Taste of Summer

It was one of those spur of the moment things.  Standing in the grocery store, trying to decide what would be a welcome new addition to the menu, I was struck by the luscious redness of the tomatoes and decided a tomato and mozarella salad was in order.

Stay with me here... I'm not talking about those orange looking tomatoes that so often populate grocery shelves at this time of year, but fire engine red tomatoes.  Packaged in a plastic box, clustered together on sections of vine, the tomatoes had me thinking of warm summer days, sprinkers, and garden-fresh deliciousness.

I was not dissappointed.  The tomatoes were so juicy they nearly burst when I started to slice them.  And, oh that first bite of tomato was every bit as delectable as I wanted it to be.

If you're a tomato lover, be sure to pick up a package of Campari tomatoes the next time you have that summertime urge.

No comments: