Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday To....

Happy Birthday to Motivated Mom who turns.... another year older today.

This is the 27th time I've had the pleasure of sharing in her birthday. I hope I'll share many more.

While I still look for just the right gift, and agonize over the selection of cards in the Hallmark store every year, I know in some respects these things have become secondary.

Not that I don't think Motivated Mom would be disappointed if I forgot such expressions of affection, but the special connection that develops over nearly three decades is a gift in itself - a gift we share equally.

Some relationships are destined to work out. Some relationships are decided at a universal level far above the two people involved. I would not believe such if I had not experienced it myself.

I cannot conceive of spending twenty seven years with anyone other than Motivated Mom.

Happy Birthday my dear!

No comments: