Monday, June 25, 2012

Rousing Thunder

Lightning to the left of me, lightning to the right. Overhead thunder rolls across the sky. Beneath me the ground trembles.  All around me the rain swirls in.....oh, oh... circles.

It's happened not once or twice - but three times in as may days.  Mother nature has been flexing her muscles right and left - sending a tornado through a nearby community and spinning a waterspout out of the ocean.

Power has gone out, neighborhoods have been evacuated, and streets have flooded.  Any signs of the earlier near-drought conditions are now long gone with ponds and streams running over their banks.

Our property has fared reasonably well - though the screen room in our back yard definitely took a beating.  I'll be practicing my weaving and sewing skills for several days to come.

Still.... there's a something about a rousing good thunderstorm

No comments: