Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Plant ESP

I know now the plant that used to hang in the window of my home office has ESP.

For weeks I had suspected the plant was at least sentinent.  Though I couldn't imagine what the source of distress could be, I would find tears dripping from the tips of the leaves on the plant.

It happened mostly in the morning.  I would turn on the light, find drops of moisture beading up on the table beneath the plant, then watch as the tears formed and dropped one after another.

I know now that the plant could see what the future held for it.

Last week Motivated Mom said it was time to move the plant outdoors for the summer.  I diligently followed her instruction.What the instructions didn't include was that the plant should be in partial shade.

I thoughtfully placed the plant on the back deck where it would receive gobs of sunlight - and did so on one of those days when the temperature soared to 98 degrees.

What remains of the once lustorous plant is now a series of dried vines.

....If only I had known why the plant had been crying.

No comments: