Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bottle and Baby

There we were, Motivated Mom and I, sitting in the family room passing the grand-baby back and forth.  It seems the baby girl's satisfaction level with any one care provider is limited to fifteen minutes.

In fact the baby's attention span with anything (eating, sleeping, sitting, crying etc) is limited to fifteen minutes. In one hour she goes through more cycles than a washing machine.

It was time for Motivated Mom to give the baby off to me when I held up my hand to forestall the exchange.  Give me just a minute I said, I have to get a bottle.

The bottle's right there, Motivated Mom gestured toward the bottle for formula on the end table.

Not for the baby. For me, I replied as I headed off for the refrigerator and a cold bottle of beer.

Baby care is definitely better with a cold one in arm's reach.

No comments: