Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Morning Gem

As I go about my daily routines I'm constantly making mental and written notes of things that catch my attention. It can be something as simple as a lace curtain flapping in an open window or the realization of a perfect was to describe a scent.

I've noticed a reoccurring theme in my notes - morning sun.  Scattered throughout my notes I find things like: the brightest whites are at sunrise; the morning sun bringing warming life to the small cottage community; the morning sun disperses shadows that claim the night; the morning sunlight is feathery light compared to weight of the blazing afternoon heat.

All of which has me wondering... just what is about early morning light that repeatedly captures my attention. 

And while I haven't quite figured that out, I sense it has something to do with the promise of renewal; the opportunity for a fresh start; of seeing things for what they truly are; and of promises kept.

Promises kept.... a treasure so seldom found these days... perhaps that's the real gem of a morning sunrise.

No comments: