Monday, March 26, 2012

Martian Spouse

It was while I was traversing the sidewalks between office buildings that I spotted her - Uncle Martin's wife.

I'm referring to the Uncle Martin in the classic TV show My Favorite Martian.  The woman just had to be Uncle Martin's significant other because her business suit was the same aluminum / silver as Uncle Martin's space suit.

I debated finding a bench to sit on to watch and see if the woman might slip behind a tree and extended her antenna.

While she never did make any clandestine moves, it occurred to me that had she grabbed hold of the antenna of any of the cars waiting for her to clear the pedestrian crosswalk she would have improved the radio reception exponentially.  Considering the outfit she was dressed in, grabbing hold of an antenna would be like wrapping aluminum foil around the rabbit ears on a television set.

No comments: