Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cardinal Rule

2012 will live forever in my memory as the year I was forced to break Bruce's Cardinal Rule of Lawn Care - never mow the lawn before Easter.

During all the my years of home ownership, I have never violated this cardinal rule - even when Easter fell late in April. In those years when Easter did come late my neighbors sometimes expressed their discomfort over the length of the green on my side of the fence. Never the less I held fast.

But when I walked around to the back of the house yesterday and realized the grass was up to the middle of my shins I had to accept there was no way around firing up the mower - particularly with Easter still 2 weekends away.

The winter of 2011-2012, the second warmest winter on record, has broken my own record... but I'll take mowing the lawn over shoveling snow any day.

No comments: