Thursday, March 15, 2012

Apocalypse?

The very air vibrated and for a moment or two I thought the apocalypse had arrived.

Watching for lightning bolts lancing through a rift in the sky, I noticed the vibration now shook my car.

After ruling out a flat tire, I gave up on searching the sky and looked left, ahead, behind, and to the right.  There... to the right were twin lights brighter than the newly risen sun.

And now the roar of a thousand warriors reached my ears, the twin lights grew in size, and a monolith rose into the sky.

No, not a monolith, an Air Force transport. Engines at full throttle, roaring down the runway that ran perpendicular to the highway, the plane for just a moment obliterated my entire field of view.

As the shadow passed overhead, I remembered to exhale and return my attention to the road in front of me which was fortunately and mysteriously devoid of other cars.

No comments: