Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flight Yoga

So the latest travel related buzz is that San Francisco Airport has opened a yoga room - a quiet place in the middle of the hectic airport where travelers with some time on their hands can work on achieving zen.

While it's a great concept, my immediate reaction was - thanks all the same, but how about some airplane seating that doesn't require me to assume the Noose or Heron poses in order to squeeze into my seat.

For those of you not familiar with yoga poses, the two I refer to above involve trying to twist or stretch a leg so that it winds up somewhere near your neck.

I'd love to be able to slide into a seat without the aid of a shoehorn, stretch out my legs without playing footsies with the person in the seat in front of me, and, when that same person leans their seat back, not have the hair on the top of their head tickle my nose.

No comments: