Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ooutdoor Easter

For six months I have been waiting for this day to arrive.

Today I am rediscovering the joys of greeting the morning from my back patio without shivering in the chill. Sitting in my rattan chair, squinting against the sun rising directly in front of me and listening to water tumbling down the waterfall into the pond, I am at one with the universe.

A universe shared by acrobatic squirrels leaping and twisting between trees branches, red breasted robins probing the ground for breakfast, and sparrows tuning their voices for the coming concert.

A visit by a rabbit the size of a poodle reminds me this is Easter Sunday and I think how appropriate it is that I should be celebrating the return of outdoor starts to my day on a morning when hundreds of thousands of people are celebrating a return of a different sort.

Here's hoping you all find similar happiness in your Easter morning.

No comments: