Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Can't Make It

Forget about amplifying the sound of sniffling, coughing pointedly, or moaning in agony.

Simply tell the boss you've got nothing to wear.

I turned on the radio today just in time to hear the winning answer to the trivia question: Over fifty-nine percent of women polled say they've called in sick for this reason - what's the reason?

Yup, they had nothing to wear.

I'm thinking of all the times I have dragged myself into the office with family sized boxes of tissues, bulk containers of cough drops, and twelve packs of spring water because I didn't feel sick enough to stay home without feeling guilty.

Well now I can throw guilt related stress out the window.

Sorry boss, can't make it. The dog ate the knob on the washing machine and there isn't a laundromat for miles. Repairman says he'll bee here somewhere between 9:00 and 3:00 either Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.  See ya' when the new part arrives.

No comments: