Monday, March 24, 2014

Holy Cow - Kind'a

You've probably seen them, trailers made of steel mesh that lawn care companies use to haul their lawn tractors, mowers, edgers, and so forth.

In this morning's commute I was one car removed from a pickup truck pulling such a trailer. The trailers are such a common site that I really paid it no mind until realizing something on the trailer was moving around.

Concerned the operator had neglected to secure his equipment I began evaluating my emergency response options which were few being on a limited access divided highway.  When the movement in the trailer became more extreme I realized something about this particular trailer was very different. The sides of the trailer,rather than being one or two feet of metal mesh, rose to some five feet in height and were capped by more of the mesh - a rolling jail cell for all intents and purposes.

My attention now fully focused, I realized there were arms waiving within that cell.  Thinking that on a twenty-seven degree morning if I had been in that cell I'd be doing more than waving arms, I quickly started questioning my assessment.

Approaching an exit, traffic slowed and I was finally able to get a good look. Within the cage were two massive bulls tossing their heads from side to side. Each bull sported a pair of curving horns at least three feet long - a six foot spread in all.

I'm guessing the driver of the pickup never had problems with tailgaters.





No comments: