Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Everybody Have You Heard

with apologies to Carole King:

Hey everybody have you heard...
I'll never buy her a mockingbird...
Or at least not one that sings.
And there ain't no money for a ring...

Because I'm going to need the money to post bail after I get arrested for discharging a firearm in a residential area. That firearm is going to be used to blast the dag blasted mockingbird right out of the bush by my bedroom window.

Since when do birds sing all night anyway? Hungarian folklore says that a bird singing at night means bad news will follow.  I guess the Hungarians had the right of it. The coming bad news for me is getting arrested for blasting the bird.

I guess I should be thrilled that the impending Spring season has brought the birds back.... but why did I have to get the belligerent one?






                           


No comments: