Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The New Drive-In

Sitting at the traffic light I had a sudden urge for popcorn.

Probably brought on by the Disney movie playing in the Dodge minivan beside me.

I've obviously not been keeping up with advances in automotive entertainment since I no longer have children to entertain while driving.  Since the return to Standard Time I've seen vans with flat screen T.V's that descend from ceilings and swivel to face any seat in the vehicle. There are vans and cars both with T.V.'s built into the back of headrests - each T.V. capable of displaying a separate DVD so that a nine year old can watch music videos while a younger child enjoys Barney.

Which brings me back to popcorn.  Maybe the next minivan accessory should be a microwave that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

No comments: