Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

This day has been full of news about 12-12-12 and rightly so given this is the last time the day, month, and year will sequence like this until the next century.  We're living a historic moment.

So what's history going to say about this day? Personally I'm hoping history will show this was the day I finally won the Powerball.  Cause of course I HAD to buy a couple of tickets for a drawing that's going to occur on a day that's historic due to a numerical configuration.

It occured to me that repetitive 1's and 2's are also a binary code. So I've been kind of concerned that this might be the day computers take over the world. I had to take deep slow breaths at work all day... worrying that the keys on the computer would suddenly take on the quality of Octopus suckers and I would be permanently melded to the computer.  Thankfully I survived the workday and my home computer seems to be as companionable...and submissive... as ever. Though there was a moment when that flashing icon for a Java update gave me a start.

North Korea launched a rocket / satellite today and the thing went haywire. So maybe computers are taking over but just haven't gotten to me yet.

If I'm lucky I'll find out I won the powerball before turning a computer on tomorrow... in which case I'll turn my back on all those megabytes and spend the rest of my days selling seashells by the seashore.

No comments: