Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Turret Untouched

You've probably seen them... majestic homes built in the early 1900's that have since been divided up into apartments. I pass several of them on my daily drives through Dover, DE.

I've been keeping my eye on one that has been getting a facelift.  Three floors with a towering turret rising up from the top.  Though the scaffolding is down, the turret was never touched. That particular section of the house still shows its age with flaking paint and sagging eaves.

While all of the other windows in the house are decked out with blinds and curtains, the windows in the turret remain empty and dark.  I wonder what lurks behind those uninviting windows that deters renovations. And I wonder if what lurks there is the reason for the recently displayed Apartment for Rent sign that now appears in the third floor window.

No comments: