Sunday, October 14, 2012

Picture Perfect Day

The ocean lapped gently at the shore - no waves on the agenda this day. Though gusting winds cut through dune grass and kicked up swirls of sand, some folks still found the day pleasant enough for a dip in the salty water.

As for myself, despite the cloudless blue sky overhead I had chosen jeans and a sweatshirt in preference to swim trunks and a beach towel. Appropriately protected from the chill breeze I watched the Cape May - Lewes Ferry make its lazy way around the tip of the breakwater and turn toward a waiting berth at the docks.

Seagulls greeted the ferry's occupants with impatient shrieks. The gulls alternately spiraled and dove in the hopes that lunchtime leftovers would be offered up as prizes.

I found my own prize in the perfection of the day.

No comments: