Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hunkerin' Down

Hurricane Sandy is zeroing in on our section of the world and I'm just a little distraught... cause I'm not fully up to speed on hunkerin' down.

I'm worried that I might not hunker correctly. With all the reporters talking about hunkerin' I'm sure there must be a preferred hunkerin' stance. 

When the winds really start whipping I expect I'll probably go into a three-quarter squat and wrap my arms around my head so that my biceps press against my ears.

But what if that's not right? What if I position myself improperly and get arried away by gale force winds?

I mean, maybe the preferred hunkerin' position is a wide-legged stance with on a slight bend to the knee and finger's laced across the top of the head with elbows free and available for regaining balance?

Or maybe I'm supposed to assume a full squat, press my chin to my chest, and cross my arms over the back of my neck. - No, I'm pretty sure that one's not hunkerin' mode - that sounds like the position to assume just before kissing a certain part of your anatomy good-bye.


No comments: