Friday, November 12, 2010

Look... Up In The Sky...

Either I had taken a wrong turn onto a life-size Hollywood filming location, I was witnessing a full scale alien invasion, or an astonishing number of comets were plunging into Earth's atmosphere.

Because surely seven commercial airliners wouldn't be packed into such a small section of sky.

I was on my way home from work when, rounding a bend, I found myself staring at a golden sky with seven white streaks etched diagonally downward.

Quickly calculating the possibility that seven airliners would be descending at the same rate at the same time, I came up with something like seven hundred thousand to one. Which meant the white streaks almost certainly couldn't be vapor trails from aircraft as I know them.

Another bend in the road took the atmosphere insurgents out of view. Out of sight was not out of mind in this case and I continued to ponder the unusual display.

It was a mere twenty minutes later when, from an opposite direction, an Air Force C-7 came into view with all of it's forward lights blazing.

Which left me convinced what I had seen earlier was in fact an alien incursion.

No comments: