Monday, October 17, 2011

Noooooo Pockets?

It's not enough that I have to remember my sleeve length and collar size when I'm shopping for dress shirts - now I need to remember to check for pockets too.

I made this discovery when I went to put my eyeglass case in the pocket of a new shirt - and the case landed on the toe of my shoe.

What the h...  I managed to clip off the worst of the statement to save myself looking any more of a fool. Notice I say more of a fool because ten people around the meeting table had watched me try to put something in a pocket that wasn' t there.

Never , ever should a dress shirt be produced without a pocket so far as I'm concerned.  But if pockets are in fact destined to be optional, then the packaging should clearly indicate the absence of a critical component. - I'm thinking this labeling would be a great come-back opportunity for Mr. Bill (from Saturday Night live) Oh Nooooooo.... Noooooo pockets! 

No comments: