Thursday, October 13, 2011

Invention Needed

The growing hours of darkness have brought me face to face (or eye to light) with perhaps my biggest pet peeve - cars with misaligned headlights.

I'm sure every driver has suffered through the misaligned headlight experience. The car on the far side of a divided four lane highway that somehow manages to shoot a halogen beam directly into your eyes. Or the car coming up from behind that lights up the interior of your car like a stage on broadway.

So I'm putting out a call to mechanical engineers everywhere. With all of the technology available these days, one of your has to be able to design a self-aligning headlight.  Come on folks, create the invention of the decade and I'll personally worship at your doorstep every December 21st (the day with the most hours of darkness) for the next ten years.

Until that invention rolls onto the scene, I'm thinking I need to keep a hand-held mirror in my car so that I can return the offending beam of light to it's source.

No comments: