Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bovine Weather Report

Seeing the two cows lying side by side made me think of the belief that cows lie down when it's going to rain.

But what about when they just plain get tired?

I can imagine the bovine conversations:

Millie my hooves are killing me - I've just got to lie down.

Pull yourself together, Myrtle. There isn't any rain on the way. The farmer will think you've lost your mind, or worse yet, have mad cow disease, if you lie down now.

But, Millie, they've been feeding us so much!  I've gained twenty pounds in the past week!

That's the general idea, Myrtle.

But look at my legs - they're shaking from the strain!

Why don't you go lean against that post, Myrtle?

Millie!  Have you lost your mind? The wire that gives shocks is attached to that post!

Hmmm. Yes.  But it'll take your mind off of your tired legs.

No comments: