Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Hug Today

There comes a time in life when you realize the memories you've made outnumber the new memories you'll have the opportunity to make.

It's at this point that I suspect a lot of people begin asking the question: What have I done with my life?

I know.  I'm there.

And while there is no single momentous event I can point to and say I changed the world, I have come to a realization.

Few of us have the opportunity to make earth-shattering headlines, but many of us change the world none-the-less.

Any person who can dwell in memories of holding  a new-born infant, embracing a loving spouse, attending a child's graduation, welcoming a child's spouse, and kissing a grandchild has made a lasting impression on the world.

Regardless of where you might be in the timeline of life, take the time to hug someone. Make the world a better place.

No comments: