Monday, June 8, 2015

Memory Lesson

The cardinal had fluttered to a landing on the hood of my parked car. From the opposite side of the windshield the bird pecked inquisitively at something beneath the cowling that sheltered the windshield wipers when they were off. The toughness of the cardinal's beak was evident in the rapping whenever the glass itself was struck.

Moving slowly, I sought a better vantage point that I might see what the cardinal was after. I was not the only curious one. A second cardinal came in for a landing.  The photo op was too good to pass up. Raising my cell phone, trying for the best shot, I leaned an inch too far forward. Both birds took to flight.

I took the message to heart. Sometimes the best memories are those that live.... only in your memory.

No comments: