Monday, June 3, 2013

Missing the Relax

It was back to the beach this weekend in more ways than one.

It was the first time Motivated Mom had set up chairs for a day-log stay since last year. And this time we found ourselves once again with a toddler in tow... something we thought we had forever graduated from some seventeen years ago.

Sitting on the beach I remembered with longing the inner peace I had found just last year in watching the ocean surge relentlessly to the shore.

Now I watched as little legs churned relentlessly through the sand.

I thought of how last year my drifting thoughts would come and go in synchronicity with the waves.

Now my attention was glued to the girl who considered every piece of sea shell to be a possible delicacy.

Yes it was back to the beach - and back to the realization there is something that can take the relax out of relaxation.

No comments: