Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Found But Not Saved

We've all seen the animation movies in which appliances, tools, and automibiles possess human characteristics.


I endowed our Hyundai with those characteristics when I finally found it.


Yes, it was I who finally found our missing car when neither the roadsite assistance company nor the dealer would put forth the effort (see previous blog post).


Long after the dealership had closed, long after the sun had set and the moon risen, long after an evening shower had passed through; I found the car in the deepest, darkest back corner of the dealer's lot amidst vehicles with crumpled fenders, missing bumpers, and cracked windshields.


There in the middle of all that forgotten dilapidation sat our shiny black Hyundai Accent. I imagined I could almost hear the whimpers coming from under the hood. And there on the lens of the one headlight - was that residual moisture from the earlier shower or were there tears forming?


Certain the poor little car was wondering what it had done to deserve to be abandoned, I was tempted to pat the metal roof and whisper assurances. At the last moment I changed my mind. The car would think rescue was at hand only to be be left alone once again. Media Girl had the spare key, not I, and with the dealership closed there was nothing I could do until morning.


To be continued.....




No comments: